Monday, September 28, 2009

Nicholas A

"The secret of the sandcastle worm could yield a powerful medical adhesive" Science daily September 27, 2009

The article I read was about how scientist are using A natural adhesive as a model in there attempt to create a similar synthetic adhesive. They Hope that this adhesive could act as a alternative to putting screws, staples, or nails while setting broken or fractured bones and bone fragments. I Fond this article very interesting because I have often wondered where many medicines that doctors prescribe actually come from.I was surprised of this idea to use/create a biodegradable glue from a sea worm to keep bones in place. I was wondering why they don't use the glue form the worm but are recreating it synthetic. Overall I thought this article was interesting and captivating and would suggest that you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.