"NASA Finds Big Stash of Water on Mars" September 25, 2009 by Brett Israes
NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spotted ice on Mars at about halfway between the North Pole and the equator, the furthest South ice has been found. The ice was shockingly large, approxamitly twice the size of the ice sheet on Greenland. The ice had remained unoticed because it was hidden under the surface, and was recently turned up by a meteor shower.
A. I thought the article was shocking. I liked it because I have always been interested in astronomy.
B. I'm surprised at the size of the ice. I always thought there was only the little in the poles.
C. My question is is that if all this water has been found on Mars, then there it is quite likely more is below the surface and maybe on other space objects. I would like to know more about how maybe all this water came to be on Mars.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.