"Taking Pictures of Another Time and Place." Discover Magazine.
July 2009.
Scientists are inventing 4 cameras/microscopes that can magnify up to 400 times. The zoom is so powerful that if you point it up in the sky, you could "see heaven". Of course, the camera that you could "see heaven" with is $1,300. There are four cameras that reach these unexpectable feats. The Olympus E-620 has art filters that can make you pictures look like they were from a long time ago, for example, it can make them grainy and black-and-white, it sells at $700. The Celestron 4434o digital microscope magnifies objects up to 400 times, it sells at $300. the Meade ETX-LS telescope is the one that you can "see heaven" with, it sells at $1,300. And finally, the ATC5K camcorder is light enough to strap to a limb or helmet, yet it captures 640 x 480 pixels at 30 frames per second, it sells at $250.
*I liked this article. I have always been interested in photography, when I was little, I would always be messing with my parent's cameras and taking random pictures. So to see that there are cameras that can do such unbelievable things is very cool.
*I would like to know how far in space you can see with that one camera, and if there is one like that for underwater that would be cool :o)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.